Who we are
At Waitwhile, we work on tools to eliminate the 1 Trillion hours that people spend waiting in lines every year. Our queue management platform is trusted by over 10 000 companies worldwide and helps millions of people enjoy a radically better waiting experience.
What we're looking for
Waitwhile is looking for Frontend Architect to take on responsibility for our web client (v2.waitwhile.com). You will create new features, maintain existing code, set an example for the team and drive our frontend architecture, as we rapidly scale our product and organization.
We build our app using Angular 10, Nodejs, Firebase, Firestore and Linux on Google Cloud Platform. Expertise in these areas is a huge plus but deep experience of Angular is our main criteria. We’re a small cross-functional team who genuinely enjoys working together to make Waitwhile a better product. We are looking for engineers that understand that simplicity and reliability are aspects of a system to be carefully calculated with every decision made.
This is a full time position in Stockholm, Sweden but we are open to remote work for the right person in GMT to GMT+3.
What you will be doing
- You'll brainstorm with Product Managers, Designers and Backend Engineers on our team to conceptualize and build new features for our growing user base.
- You’ll produce high-quality results by contributing heavily to team projects that have a significant impact on the business.
- You’ll lead our frontend team to improve their skills.
- You’ll actively own the client architecture and code standards, while also improving the maintainability of the client as a whole.
- You'll assist our skilled support team and operations team in triaging and resolving production issues.
- You’ll improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
What you should have
- You’ve been building web applications professionally for 5+ years and have experience of modern Angular in particular.
- A solid understanding in core web and browser concepts (eg. how the browser parses and constructs a web page).
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems.
- You can contribute to technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions within your team.
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- You’ve experience in writing automated tests.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- You can demonstrate excellent spoken and written English.
- You have completed a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Waitwhile has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?