Who we are
At Waitwhile, we work on tools to eliminate the 1 Trillion hours that people spend waiting in lines every year. Our queue management platform is trusted by over 10 000 companies worldwide and helps millions of people enjoy a radically better waiting experience.
What we're looking for
Waitwhile is looking for Support Engineers to assist customers in need and make their experience of Waitwhile a joy.
We build our app using Nodejs, Firebase, Firestore and Linux on Google Cloud Platform. Expertise in these areas is a huge plus, but having familiarity with other common web languages (such as Python or Go) and other databases are fine substitutes. We’re a small cross-functional team who genuinely enjoys working together to make Waitwhile a better product. We are looking for engineers that really enjoy solving problems and helping out.
This is a full time remote position and we are primarily looking for someone in a US time timezone.
What you will be doing
- You'll resolve customer issues via email, chat and video conferencing.
- You'll collaborate with our Product and Development Teams to build new features and fix bugs.
- You'll create and update documentation based on customer interactions.
- You'll work hard to solve customer problems while delighting them along the way.
- You'll be available for regular weekend on-call coverage (day-time only).
- You'll work alongside Product Managers to define and shape the product goals, roadmap, priorities, and strategy based on your frontline knowledge of customer needs.
- You'll continually research and learn the current and future best practices of using Waitwhile.
- You'll participate in our hiring processes by reviewing applications and assessments, and by participating in interviews.
- You’ll improve our support standards, tooling, and processes.
What you should have
- You're a natural communicator and delight in using those skills to help others.
- You love exploring new technologies and figuring things out the hard way.
- You enjoy solving many small problems per day.
- You’re experienced in managing cases throughout the entire support lifecycle from initial customer inquiry to triage and reproduction, writing bug reports for hand off to the development team, and case resolution.
- You understand what it's like to be on-call and can jump into a complex situation and make sense of and communicate clearly to stakeholders what's going on.
- You're comfortable using support platforms such as Intercom or Zendesk
- You’re able to communicate complex technical topics to customers and coworkers of varying technical skill levels.
- You can demonstrate excellent spoken and written English.
- You have completed a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Waitwhile has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?