What's new on the Waitwhile platform in May
The latest updates in our quest to help you craft the perfect customer flows.
Tue May 09 2023 • 3 min read
The Waitwhile Android app 📱
We are super excited to introduce our new Android app! Now available to download from the Google Play Store, the Waitwhile Android app offers the same great features and functionality as our web and iOS apps, with a user interface optimized for Android devices.
Improved QR served feature ✅
With this improvement, you can streamline your operations by immediately moving guests to the “Serving” state from the Waitwhile app by scanning their QR code.
This allows you to move your guests through the customer flow automatically, and easily track which guests have been and are currently being served, all while keeping your focus on providing excellent customer service!
Booking request updates 🔔
For those utilizing our booking requests feature, we have now also added automated messages for Booking Request Confirmations and Booking Request Rejections. Enable these messages to inform your customers that their request has been received or declined.
We have also crafted a new set of user notifications that can be triggered when a customer requests a booking or an appointment to help keep your staff up to dat
Policy input field 📝
The ability to add a policy when your customers sign up is very important to many users. Now, we've improved this ability and made it its own input field!
You can fully customize your policy to fit the needs of your specific business, link to an external policy, or choose which policies should be displayed for which services. You can also create multiple policies, if you’d like!
But wait, there's more!
Check out these really awesome updates.
- Session inactivity log out: Automatically log out users after a pre-determined amount of time. Enable it here.
- Google Maps registration: Allow your guests to join your waitlist directly from Google Maps, now available for companies with the business type "Café" in addition to "Restaurant". Set it up here.
- Location icon: You can now set a separate logo or icon for each of your locations while keeping your overall company logo. Configure it here.
- This month's must read: Retailers face a workforce crisis with record-high employee turnover. Waitwhile conducted a survey showing that 50% of frontline retail workers are unhappy or apathetic at work, nearly 40% are anxious, 68.5% need to regularly deal with angry customers, and 50% want more automation. In an article picked up by Total Retail, Waitwhile CEO Chris Klemming shares his thoughts about the current state of retail.
- 50+ minor tweaks: Checking bugs and tweaks off our list so you can check customers off yours!
And that’s just a glimpse of what’s new — check out all the latest updates! As always, feel free to reply with improvement ideas you’d like to see next!
Chris & the Waitwhile team